Welcome to Threaded Lines!
Fold-over elastic provides a decorative finish to apparels, crafts, hairbands and more!
The elastic is shiny on one side and matte on the other to allow for flexibility in aesthetic and is creased along the center for easier folding and sewing.
We especially love using fold-over elastic for finishing the edges of mesh fabric for pockets in purses and bags.
Not working with mesh? Fold-over elastic is perfect for finishing a neckline or wristbands on a special outfit. It also beautifully finishes the edges of diapers or diaper covers to securely fit your special baby.
20mm wide, nylon. Our fold-over elastic is latex-free and contains spandex.
Directions for use:
1. Choose the side that matches best. One side of fold-over elastic is extra shiny for a fashion finish. The other side features a matte finish for a more subtle finish.
2. Position the edges of fabric in center of fold-over elastic.
3. Fold elastic over raw edges and pin at beginning.
4. For smooth edges: Set the stitch to a straight stitch or a narrow, medium-length zig-zag. Carefully guide fabric and fold-over elastic under machine needle and stitch.
5. For gathered edge: Guide fabric and fold-over elastic with one hand as you stretch fold-over elastic tightly with other hand. Then straight or zig-zag stitch on edge of fold-over elastic, catching all layers.
Care and instructions:
Machine wash warm, do not bleach. Tumble dry at medium heatSOLD BY THE YARD